Content by the City of Issaquah
Watch for little ghosts and goblins on Halloween, as your neighborhood transforms into the haunting grounds for dozens of trick-or-treaters. Drivers need to be extra careful of children dressed in costumes.
Helpful driving tips for a safe Halloween include:
- Watch your speed and stay below the posted limit.
- Avoid distractions, including cell phones, the radio and music players.
- Never text while driving.
- Watch for children and pay attention to what’s happening on sidewalks and the roadway.
- Be extra careful when pulling in and out of driveways.
- Don’t assume that children can see you or are paying attention. Take responsibility.
- Be cautious around vehicles that have stopped in the roadway — and don’t pass. They could be dropping off children.
Parents, keep your children safe on Halloween by:
- Dressing them in costumes that fit well and are outfitted with reflective tape. Avoid masks that will distort or impede vision.
- Give them a flashlight or glow sticks.
- Remind them that they should look both ways and cross only at corners or crosswalks.