- This event has passed.
Environment and Spirituality
February 18 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Discuss the intersection of the environment and spirituality, as well as practical steps you can take to build a more environmentally sustainable community hosted by Missiongathering Issaquah. This event will feature Rick Enloe, a professor of Environmental Ethics at the University of Washington and discuss how our belief systems, whatever they are, shape the way we interact with the environment. The keynote will be followed by multiple interactive workshops including:
- Conserving water with the Cascade Water Alliance
- Zero waste lifestyle/recycling with Recology
- Using electricity responsibly with Puget Sound Energy
- Utilizing solar power in your own home
- Buying food and products that create a sustainable world
- Growing your own plants in your home or apartment
- Supervised activities for children of all ages including potting plants, learning about local wildlife, and creating conservation posters!
Presented by Missiongathering Issaquah. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.