Getting more involved in our community is a fun and easy way to meet people and contribute to the participatory culture of Issaquah Highlands. Volunteer opportunities in Issaquah Highlands are always available. Don’t think you see an open opportunity that’s a good fit for your skills? Complete the form below and we’ll find a way for you to get involved.
Ways to Get Involved
During these challenging times, local non-profits have urgent needs for donation and volunteer support. Please contact each non-profit individually for donation and volunteer signup details.
100 Women Who Care
Needs: Raising money to feed the Swedish ER and ICU staff
Donate online >>
Needs: Blood donation
Learn how you can help here >>
Catholic Community Services Meals Program
Needs: Paper plates, plastic or paper cups, plastic cutlery, to-go boxes, volunteers
To donate or volunteer, contact: Griffin Cole, GriffinC@ccsww.org, (425) 679-0342
Eastside Baby Corner
- Join the EBC Every Minute Counts Virtual Fitness Challenge! Join the “Issaquah Highlands in Action” team and track your activity through April. Registrations and merchandise fees directly benefit EBC and will help them purchase the essential items that kids need now, more than ever, while you benefit from staying active and connected to the community.
- Items: EBC’s highest needed items are diapers (especially sizes 4, 5, and 6); powdered infant formula; and diaper wipes. These donations can be directly shipped to EBC through our Giving Catalog (Link to EBC’s Giving Catalog is: https://gooddler.com/Donee/10137) or dropped off at the Issaquah Hub during normal donation hours (please view hours on our website). We also need used laptops.
- Volunteers: Sign up online at https://babycorner.volunteerhub.com/events/index.
- Financial Support
Eastside Friends of Seniors
- Checking In by Phone: We are looking for volunteers who are interested in phoning our clients to check on their welfare as well as provide an essential social connection. This will likely mean giving them a call periodically, perhaps once or twice a week. We will provide you with a set of talking points.
- Grocery Shopping and Delivery:Getting the groceries and delivering it to their home. You would request a list from the client, do the shopping for them, and take it to their home.
Email Roseann at email@example.com to learn more and sign-up >>
The Issaquah Sammamish Food Project
Needs: Neighborhood coordinators and non-perishable food items, collected every other month from your doorstep in a green tote bag (provided). Supports the Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank. First scheduled pick-up is in June. Learn more about the Issaquah Sammamish Food Project >>
Attend our April 23 virtual information session. Check here for details >>
Issaquah Food and Clothing Bank
Needs: Financial contributions, $25 grocery store gift cards, grocery store delivery of emergency items, volunteers
Learn how you can help here >>
All our community groups in Issaquah Highlands are volunteer led. Our group leaders share their passion with the neighborhood and bring people together with common interests. If you have an interest and would like to connect with others who share your interest, let us know! Highlands Council will help you get a community group started.
Time Commitment: Varies
The Issaquah Highlands Community Association (IHCA) Board of Directors and committees are run by volunteers, including the Covenant Committee, Architectural Review Committee and Finance Committee. The Highlands Council Board of Trustees and the Highlands Fiber Network (HFN) Boards of Directors are also open to volunteer members.
Time Commitment: Varies. The IHCA Board of Directors and committees, and the HFN Board of Directors meet monthly. The Highlands Council Board of Trustees meets quarterly.
No current opportunities available but we’d still like to hear from you! Complete the form below or reach out directly:
In partnership with volunteers, Highlands Council puts on many events throughout the year to build community, celebrate cultural events, and just have fun! If you have an idea for an event, email Lindsey Pinkston, Community Program Manager, to share your ideas.
Time Commitment: Planning meetings start at least two months prior to the event. More frequent meetings occur as the event approaches.
Anyone who has a passion for celebrating the diverse cultures that make up Issaquah Highlands is invited to join our cross-cultural committee. We’ll come together as a group once a month to learn from each other and to help shape the direction of Highlands Council going forward. Contact Lindsey Pinkston at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Time Commitment: Meetings are once/month
Volunteers make our events happen! From lending a hand at Highlands Day, to helping with kids crafts at a family event, to bartending at an adult event, volunteers are an essential component to almost all of our community events.
Time Commitment: Day-of availability (set-up, event duration, clean-up opportunities available)
No opportunities currently available. Please check back later.
Connections is “by community, for community.” Highlands Council is always looking for volunteer contributing writers, photographers and graphic designers. Contributions can be one-off or monthly. Examples of regular volunteer contributions include monthly columns like “Emergency Preparedness,” “Dog Talk,” and “School Spotlight.”
Time commitment: One-off or monthly contributions possible.
Do you prefer office work? Or preparing things from home? Maybe you have a special talent like photography or music… reach out and let us know you’re interested in getting more involved in the community and we’ll work with you to find a good fit. We believe that everyone has something to offer to make our neighborhood thrive!
If none of the above listed opportunities are just what you’re looking for, please fill out the form below and/or contact Lindsey Pinkston, Highlands Council Community Program Manager, to find a good fit.
NEW! Neighbor to Neighbor Services Directory
Connecting neighbors in need to neighbors looking to help. Sign up to volunteer, or browse available volunteer services. CLICK HERE >>