Issaquah Highlands is taking on traffic and pedestrian safety in our community
Highlands Council worked with the City of Issaquah to identify ways that we could facilitate the change in traffic safety our community is asking for. We decided to take on a traffic safety campaign employing education and social pressure to improve traffic safety.
Learn more about the partnership between Issaquah Highlands and the City of Issaquah to improve traffic & pedestrian safety in our community on our blog >
Sign the Pledge
Pledge to “Drive with Care, Walk Aware” in our community and keep your neighbors, friends and family safe. We encourage all drivers to sign.
Tips & Resources
Traffic and pedestrian safety tips and resources adults and kids, including walking to school, driving in winter conditions and managing road rage.
Issaquah Highlands Drive with Care, Walk Aware Traffic Safety Pledge
I pledge to:
- Drive with care, don’t rush, and watch out for others walking, biking and driving in our community.
- Drive slower throughout the community — I believe 25 mph is plenty.
- Stop for pedestrians by coming to a complete stop before the crosswalk, allowing people to cross the street safely.
- Walk aware as a pedestrian and only cross at crosswalks.
- Look out before I step out into the crosswalk by making eye contact with drivers before I cross.
- Drive like I live here — because I do! By driving safe, I will help keep my family, friends and neighbors safe, too.
Add your name to the pledge
We Pledged, Join Us!
Lorena Salom Huffman
Share Our “Drive with Care, Walk Aware” Campaign
You can share our images on social media or print and display in your home or business. Sponsor logos must be displayed as part of the image for copyright purposes. Thank you for taking a stand for traffic and pedestrian safety in Issaquah Highlands!