The IHCA helps us maintain the quality of our neighborhoods and homes not only through enforcing the CC&Rs but also through expert advice and support. Governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of residents and managed by a high-caliber staff, our homeowner’s association supports us throughout the year. Here is a month to month list of helpful hints for all homeowners. Even renters will find this a handy guide:
- JANUARY: Clutter, schmutter! The beginning of a new year is a good time to recycle any clutter you know you won’t be using or re-gift/return any unwanted items as presents. For those families that had a live Christmas Tree, don’t forget to dispose of that tree properly!
- FEBRUARY: Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! (not really) Keep a list of important contact numbers handy just in case of an emergency (i.e. insurance agent, 24-hour plumber and electrician, gas/electric company, police, etc.)
- MARCH: Good neighbor behavior… Don’t forget to be a courteous neighbor by picking up after your pets and keeping noise levels low!
- APRIL: Don’t feed the bears! Bears are out of hibernation so remember not to tempt them with leaving your trash cans outside!
- MAY: Prioritize to organize. Make yourself a maintenance calendar for important tasks like cleaning the roof and gutters or painting your house. This might help you plan to save money for larger projects.
- JUNE: Weed to succeed! Avoid those dreadful violation notices by weeding your beds and mowing your lawn at least once a week during the summer…
- JULY: To paint or not to paint? If you are considering changing the color of your house, remember this requires ARC approval!!
- AUGUST: Be cool for school! With school starting again, be sure you know the rules of the road and sidewalk for riding bikes.
- SEPTEMBER: Maintain your drains! Avoid unwanted floods by clearing your drains before the dreaded winter rains start.
- OCTOBER: Fire! Fire! October is fire prevention month and a good time to review fire prevention tips and change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detector
- NOVEMBER: Winterize or agonize! Now is the time to make sure your home and yard are winter proof! Cover outdoor hose bibs, install a clean furnace filter, etc.
- DECEMBER: Happy Holidays! Don’t forget your safety tips to have a safe and enjoyable Holiday Season like keeping your tree watered and not stringing too many lights together!
Please join us on Thursday, January 22nd for Resident Orientation at Blakely Hall at 7pm. Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to learn about the goings on in Issaquah Highlands, but also about homeowners CCRs and standards. RSVP to Brianna.E@IHCouncil.org 425-507-1107